Automation simply means the application of technology with minimal human intervention. Technology, programs, robotics, techniques, or processes are implemented with minimized human input. Automation helps in improving the efficiency and reliability of the work which used to take extra effort and time when done by an individual.
Automation can make tasks easier in all sorts of industries, thus taking a step towards a digital future. Some industries in which automation works the best are:
- Manufacturing, including food and pharmaceutical, chemical and petroleum, pulp and paper
- Transportation, including automotive, aerospace, and rail
- Utilities, including water and wastewater, oil and gas, electric power, and telecommunications
- Facility operations, including security, environmental control, energy management, safety, and other building automation
- And more…
Automaton performs all functions within the industry like installing the machinery, integrating the processes, maintaining the design, procurement, and management. It also goes on helping out in the marketing and sales department of these industries.
Automation has a few common benefits that are similar to whatsoever automation solution you choose. These benefits are:
- Better operational efficiency: automation helps you save time, effort, and cost. It reduces manual fatigue as well as errors made by humans, giving an individual comparatively more time time to focus on themselves and the things that are important to them.
- Saves time: As we know time waits for none, and the same could have been the motive behind the whole automation concept. Automation helps you in completing routine tasks easily, quickly, and without human intervention. You can save a lot of your time by just handing over your repetitive tasks to automation.
- Enhanced quality and consistency: Automating processes promise high-quality results as each task is performed identically, without human error. Once the tasks are updated or stored in the system, the tasks keep happening in the same order as per your requirement or just at the click of a button.
- Satisfaction: Manual tasks are boring and tedious. Automation allows you to work on more engaging activities, and thus increases satisfaction. Also when you know all your small routine tasks are taken care of just through a click you instantly feel relaxed and satisfied that you can control it all at your own comfort.
Examples of Automation
Home automation – a combination of hardware and software technologies that establish control and management of all the appliances and devices within a home. So that you can operate your devices with comfort.
Network automation – it is an automated method of managing, configuring, and operating a computer network.
Office automation – automating most routine office tasks by using computers. Standardized office routines are stored, processed, and communicated with the help of computers.
Automated website testing – streamlines and standardizes configuration changes that happen during development to the testing parameters.
Data center automation – enables the bulk of the data center operations to be performed by software programs. Includes automated system operations, also known as lights-out operations.Test automation – software code goes through quality assurance (QA) testing automatically by scripts and other automation tools. Thus providing the correct results.